Last week I attended an annual business event – The Thought Leader Business Summit – and I thought you might be interested in my 2 main takeaways…
#1 – The Marketplace Is Shifting.
Email open rates are going down. Time spent on Facebook and Twitter is going up. Attention spans are short, while skepticism and lack of trust are long. The web is trending towards visual and video. Customers are more demanding and they want customized solutions. Facebook provides instant connection but faux intimacy. We live in a “Reality TV” world and therefore people want real experiences and expect to be entertained.
While this may seem like doom and gloom, the good news is that the core principles of humanity will never change. In fact, the demand for personal growth and transformation (aka: coaching!) has never been higher.
When it comes to effective marketing in today’s shifting environment, your success boils down to 3 main ingredients:
- Knowing who your ideal clients are and what problem you help them solve.
- Having an action plan that enables you to find and connect with potential clients based on how they consume information and where they are already hanging out.
- Bringing out the real you in your marketing and when you interact with potential clients.
#2 – Nothing Beats Masterminding with Smart and Successful People.
As much as I love having a virtual business and home-based office, my business (and life) would suck without having a community of peers where we share ideas, support each other, brainstorm and mastermind.
1. Do you currently participate in a Mastermind? If not, is this the year to set the intention and make that happen?
2. Have you thought about launching and running your own Mastermind? It’s one of the fastest, easiest and most joyful ways to grow your business and make more money.
Here are 2 amazing resources that are currently available for free from my good friend and Mastermind Expert Jay Fiset.
Download the 52 page “Mastermind Mentors Manual” here.
Download the 22 page “Fill Your Mastermind With Ease Guide” here.
Even if you’re only just thinking about leading your own mastermind, I recommend you get your hands on these downloads now while they are available at no charge!
Have a great weekend,
Thank you for these insights Michelle and thank you, Jay, for the downloads.
Very much appreciated.
I have just registered my ‘still in the planning’ coaching business with the NZ Companies Office and came across your website whilst researching for information to include in my business plan.