Have you ever sat down and really identified and connected with what has made you successful in the past?
That was the exercise that kicked off the Empire Group Mastermind gathering I’m at right now with my coach and mentor, Brendon Burchard.
Here’s why this exercise is so valuable:
The things that have made you successful in the past are what will make you successful in the future. I know this can seem basic, but please don’t overlook it. We all have skills, traits, characteristics and gifts that have contributed to our success.
The thing is, most of us (myself included) tend to downplay our strengths. But here’s the problem with that… When you aren’t connected with what has made you successful in the past, it’s really hard to leverage those traits and characteristics.
And the fact is, you NEED to leverage your success characteristics as you grow your business or it ends up being a huge struggle.
1. Identify your top 5 characteristics or traits that have contributed to your success in the past.
2. On a scale of 1-5, rate how prevalent these characteristics have been in your business in the past 6 months.
3. For the characteristics that you rated less than 5, why haven’t these success characteristics been more amplified in your business?
4. Put these 5 things somewhere you can see them on a daily basis.
5. Consciously focus on infusing these characteristics into the implementation of your business-building tactics.
This is a really valuable activity, so I hope you set aside some time to do it!
Here are my 5:
1. Ability to quickly learn and implement new things.
2. Energy and enthusiasm.
3. Willingness to work hard and get things done.
4. Really care about clients and customers.
5. Commitment to excellence.
What are yours?
Post a comment below or on our Facebook page and let me know!
P.S. I came to Portland a day early to spend time with C&GR Associate Coach Deanna Maio.
Here’s one of the places we like having business meetings: